Saturday, March 7, 2009

Tomorrow!



my mom took me to get my hair cut yesterday afternoon. i'm still getting used to the bangs. i haven't had bangs since i was about 7-8 years old. the length is okay. i'm okay with that. it's just the bangs. not sure how i feel about them... i got a lot of compliments at church today. a few people had to do double-takes, because they didn't recognize me. my pastor's wife walked by me once, then came back a second time, and came BACK and was like, "oh my gosh! your hair looks great! i love it" she said the bangs soften my face.

ANYWAY, it's kind of surreal that i'm leaving tomorrow... i talked to barb (my pastor's wife) tonight and she told me i was going to be fine. instead of my usual, "i hope so," i actually said something different, without even thinking. i said, "i know." she was like, "see? you're already making changes!" and i guess barb is right. my outlook IS different. i feel more... hopeful? i'm not sure what it is, exactly.

but i'm packed, except for a certain pair of jeans and my dressy black socks (they're in the dryer), and my meds, deodorant, contact lens case, and brush, all of which i'll need in the morning. i need to go to bed, thanks to daylight savings time and the hour of sleep i'll lose tonight.

i'd really appreciate everyone's prayers this coming week!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you, Ali! I know this will be great for you! I am really excited and full of hope for your week back there. And your hair does look great! I just got bangs recently too, and it takes a few days to get used to, but I like mine better now than without!
    Valorie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came to your blog because you were following mine. As I sit in a hospital room with my sick little man, I am reading your blog.

    I just wanted to write and say that YOU ARE A SURVIVOR, but most importantly there is NO BOND, NO CHAIN that our Savior cannot break. He loves you more than anyone on this earth could ever imagine and througout all that you've been through (which I have no idea of) he truly has never left your side.

    You will be in my prayers. God bless you and reveal His infinite love for you in a way that you've never felt before.

    Ohilda

    ReplyDelete