Monday, March 23, 2009

I took a risk......

i wrote my pastor and barb a note, and i'll be giving it to barb at my counseling session on tuesday afternoon. the note asks if i can share my testimony in front of my church family. i've been going to this church for less than a year (a little over 6 months, really - i started going in early august), but out of all the churches i've been to my entire life, this is the FIRST church where i've felt like i have fit in; where i haven't been judged or talked about or stared at. where i have been loved unconditionally for who i am. none of them, besides barb and pastor steve, naomi, and my nonna and poppy know my entire past. my church family loves me as they see me. and that's an amazing feeling.

do i think that sharing my past and what i've been through and done will change that? it might change how some people view me, but that is a VERY small handful of people, if any. there are a LOT of people at my church with messed up pasts. and if anyone decides they no longer CAN love me, in spite of what i've done, then that just means i'll have to pray for them even harder. it's not going to change how i feel about them. i know i've been forgiven and redeemed, and that's all that matters!

i'll let you all know what my pastor says!!

No comments:

Post a Comment